About Me

My photo
Hanford, Ca, United States
I am from the Fresno Diocese. I am 24 years of age. I produce my own Catholic rap music. I also study and teach Apologetics. I teach confirmation class at my hometown parish, Immaculate heart of Mary. I have my own book not offically published entitled, "He built it, I defend it" What every Catholic should know. I studied one year at Mt. Angel seminary. Keeping an open mind set letting God guide me.

Friday, July 22, 2011

What is Apologetics?

There are three different types of apologetics, which as Catholics we need to be focused on all three. Not one is more important then the other. Let's get into the three types of apologetics. First let's look at what apologetics means.

Apologetics: The branch of theology concerned or proof of Christianity. For example, not apologetic as apology but to simply build a case. This came from a Greek word "Apologia", to build a case for someone or something.

Natural Apologetics: Natural apologetics will cover the areas of God and the obvious facts of the world. When I say the obvious facts of the world, I mean straight truth to be known to man kind. It was not divinely revealed by any humans or past souls. Example, the earth is here. How did it come about? Does God really exist? This is defending God in general. Not getting into religion, simply does God exist?

Christian Apologetics: Christian apologetics will cover divine revealed truth through Jesus Christ. What we believe as Christians. Example, Jesus is the only Son of God. Jesus is the Messiah and died for our sins. Mainly what every Christian should believe. Christ is the truth, and how to defend him as the Son of God, the Messiah and what we believe about him.

Catholic Apologetics: Catholic apologetics will cover all three of these topics but main what we believe as Catholic Christians. From Jesus starting the Catholic Church in the year 33 with St. Peter as our first pope. To the Eucharist, Mary, Confession, Trinity, Purgatory, Sacraments, and many more topics we face everyday.

As Catholics we need to be able to defend and prove all three of these. They go in this order because you can't have the Catholic church without Jesus, can't have Jesus in the flesh with out God the Father sending him. Start from the root and go from there. How can I have someone believe in the Catholic Church if they don't even believe in Jesus? How can I have them believe Jesus is the Son of God, if they don't believe in God?

-AVM

1 comment:

  1. Are you gonna post any arguments for the existence of God? I got lots if you need me to send em so you can post em.

    ReplyDelete